Marketplace >

FS: Samson Illusion Frame in need of repair

(closed)

January 11, 2018 04:57 AM
Samson Illusion frame that I just got and rode a lot, but sadly a hairline fracture in the top lug had forced me to take the frame off the road. Headtube was replaced previously, but interior of frame is absolutely fine. Rad frame, Japanese built njs with Columbus tubing and insanely good riding. This frame is an absolute shredder in the streets. 56 ST and TT

Asking $150. Get the lug repaired and repainted and be the proud owner of a rad njs bike. Item is located in Santa Cruz but I’ll be in LA next week if you want to meet up. Happy to ship within the US at buyer’s expense.
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo
kindagrouchy
33 posts
11 bikes

January 11, 2018 07:27 AM
just to get clarification...
so you have a samson frame that has had the headtube replaced prior to you owning it, and during the time you were riding it, said replacement headtube developed a hairline crack.

also, what size?
outofstep
268 posts
15 bikes

January 11, 2018 03:06 PM
Yep, that's the timeline, but the headtube isn't what developed the crack, it's the upper lug. The headtube underneath is solid, but the actual casing of the lug has the crack. Definitely wish it could've lasted longer for me, but it just wasn't meant to be. And my bad, it's a 56 ST and TT.
kindagrouchy
33 posts
11 bikes

January 11, 2018 05:07 PM
Wish you'd ship outside of the US, i'd buy this in a heartbeat.

January 20, 2018 09:43 PM
have dat yet?
im very interesed
im in LA
JorgeMx
18 posts
7 bikes

January 25, 2018 06:23 AM
Bump
kindagrouchy
33 posts
11 bikes

January 25, 2018 06:55 PM
This is still for sale? I lost all hope when you put on it's PR page that you no longer had it!

My Pre-Cursa is up for sale, so i'll let you know when it's sold!

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.