Marketplace >

WTB: 1999 KHS Aero Track 53-57cm (or TRADE: I have a 59cm 1999 KHS AERO TRACK)

(closed)

August 17, 2016 06:21 PM
Hey there, looking for a 53-57cm 1999 KHS Aero Track. Frameset or whole.

Willing to buy, and/or trade a 59cm 1999 KHS Aero Track.

I just want a smaller size, the 59cm one I have is in good condition but could use a powder coat.

August 17, 2016 07:27 PM
how much would you sell the 59cm khs for?!
sleepygav
4 posts
8 bikes

August 18, 2016 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in selling it unless I was trading for a smaller frame or for a 1993 khs aero track. Unless a really nice offer came along, these frames are hard to come by! Especially the '99's, less toe bite and way more attractive (in my opinion).

I can live with my 59cm, being a "pursuit" style, it actually measures a bit shorter on the top tube. Additionally, I can compensate with my stem/seat/handlebar setup. I just really want a smaller frame to have better control when fuxing around.

Although, make me an offer I can't refuse...lol

August 18, 2016 07:58 PM
just missed one for sale about 4-5wks ago

August 18, 2016 08:32 PM
:/ bummer

hoping someone is looking to pass the baton again soon!

August 18, 2016 11:15 PM
Your looking for one sized between 53-57? And your riding a 59 now.......I'm confused
guslesaffre
57 posts
4 bikes

August 19, 2016 05:18 AM
I know it sounds weird, but I basically I got excited and went for the 59cm anyway because I felt pretty comfortable on it since the "pursuit" style make the top tube center-to-center feel like a 57.

The only thing is unfortunately I don't have the longest of arms (actually maybe a bit on the shorter side for my height), thus a smaller top tube length would be ideal for comfort. Though I could adjust my seat to stem or bars, I kind of want to see if I can just get one my size to reduce the doofus aspect

August 20, 2016 07:32 PM
I really think putting a proper fitting stem would probably be the easiest fix, if a 59 is only slightly to big then anything below 56 would be wayyy to small. Most pursuit bikes show very little seatpost when fitted correctly
guslesaffre
57 posts
4 bikes

September 6, 2016 12:29 AM
I decided to keep the 59cm :) I have all the parts on order to build her up. Should be fully put together early next week, then I'll have to get a fresh powder coat. I'll make sure to come back and post pictures!

BTW, if anyone knows anyone who has the decal layout or can make replacement ones for me, please message me! Thanks

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.