Marketplace >

WTB: single speed / sscx frameset size 51/52

(closed)

February 2, 2015 01:45 AM
Looking to build something up for my lady. 51/52 steamroller , Rush , nature boy etc. PayPal ready.
kylekylekyle
62 posts
13 bikes

February 2, 2015 06:10 AM
My friend has an All City Nature Boy frame. Send me a message if you're interested. Sorry no headset or fork.

http://www.pedalroom.com/forums/marketp...
riceboy
143 posts
12 bikes

February 2, 2015 09:39 AM
The surly/soma frames aren't sscx frames, although you can run fairly far tires on the steamroller. Also, the nature boy is spaced for road hubs...so not sure if you'd really want to deal with having to deal with finding a single speed wheelset with 130 spacing. The geo might be a little better for the nature boy because of it's compact top tube, which I think good for the ladies. Also, brakes is a whole nother thing to consider (calipers on the steamroller vs. cantilevers for the nature boy), but I'm sure you've already thought about these things.
Good luck with the search!
outofstep
268 posts
15 bikes

February 2, 2015 12:08 PM
it's not difficult to add 5mm of spacers on each side of a rear wheel...
GeneStarwind
20 posts
4 bikes

February 2, 2015 02:24 PM
+1 ^ The formula hubs can accept the 5mm spacers.
GeorgeWashingtonMobsDeep
239 posts
36 bikes

February 2, 2015 03:10 PM
Im aware they aren't cross frames. Girlfriend is just looking for something to commute to work on , single speed would work but I'd prefer a cross frame where I can run bigger tires and vbrakes on it , Not picky just putting out possibilities , this isn't my first rodeo haah
kylekylekyle
62 posts
13 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.